I cannot believe a month has already gone by and that my baby is already a month old. It's all happening way too first. I can't believe how much he has grown and how much love I have for this little guy. He's an amazing little baby and doing really well considering he still was not supposed to be born yet.
He was being monitored very closely by his pediatrician. We had to go in every Monday to be weighed and poked. When we first brought him in he only weighed 4 # 5 oz. As of last Monday he weighs 6 # 1 oz. He even has a slight double chin. The pediatrician said he has gained enough weight that we don't have to come in every week now. YAY!
As far as milestones go we are supposed to go by his adjusted age, or by his due date. That means that Kaden would be 3 days old. That would be correct if you look at how much he sleeps. The first couple weeks he wouldn't wake up on his own. We had to wake him up to get him to eat and then he would go right back to sleep. The last few weeks though he has been a wake a lot more during the day. He also wakes up on his own to tell us when he's hungry. Now he interacts with us more and as of a few days ago he started smiling. Most people would tell you its just gas, but I know his gas smiles and this is different. And I can get him to smile whenever I kiss his little nose and make a rolling 'r' sound. We may be a little off on milestones, but we'll take them as it they come.
He has such a sweet personality that I am still getting to know. I love his little coos and hums and sighs. He even hums and grunts when he eats and in his sleep. He's so loud when he eats in the middle of the night I worry the neighbors can hear him. Even though Britton isn't feeding him there is no way he can sleep through this.
He still never really cries even if we don't get to him right away. He just grunts at us. He does cry every time we undress him or take him to the pediatrician. He's a smart boy. Somehow he just knows when he is about to be weighed.
He loves his snug-a-bunny swing. I'll set him in that and he just stares at the birds and looks around at everything and stays really content. Usually he ends up falling asleep. This is the only time I have to get things done.
He loves when Dad holds him and bottle feeds him. He especially loves kangaroo care with Dad. That's their bonding time. Dad also likes to read to him. Their favorite book right now is Go Dogs Go. I'm not sure who enjoys it more, Dad or Kaden. They are great together and I love watching them.
Kaden is also starting to love bath time. As long as there is at least an inch of water in the tub so he can splash his feet around he's happy. I love our bath tub. We all laughed when we got it, because its a miniature spa, but he really loves it. It makes bath time easy and fun.
Kaden's first bath- not as happy about it as he is now.
Kaden also loves Tummy Time. We'll put him on his tummy and he'll be content. If we flip him on his back he'll spaz out and start grunting at us. If we don't get to him soon enough he'll start crying. He will even fall asleep during tummy time. When I turn him on his back he'll immediately wake up. I don't think he likes sleeping on his back. When we put him in his bassinet he'll fall asleep on his own, but it will be a light sleep. If we put him on top of one of us he'll be out until we have to move.
Well that's about it for this month. More pictures to come soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment