It has already hit us both. I guess nesting is a real thing. We have been cleaning like crazy and trying to get the nursery all set up and we still have a little under three months left. Britton set up the crib all by himself and did a great job. He hung up all of the pictures and managed to get them all straight and we even renewed out Costco membership-- we will be buying diapers and baby wipes in bulk! The dogs are thoroughly confused and can't understand why the stuffed animals, soft blankets, and baby toys are not for them.
Here is how the nursery looks so far:
We have also been trying to have a little bit of fun before I get too uncomfortable to do anything. We got to go out to a movie last night. I'm starting to really slow us down with my waddling. Britton went to the shooting range today with his dad, and I got to relax and plan lessons with the dogs on my lap. I'm trying to get out as much as I can and even things like running errands and grocery shopping are exciting. Walking is getting more difficult though so we can't be in a hurry. My feet are swollen and I feel like an elephant. Today, while we were at Costco, one of their sample/sales people asked if I had trouble snacking between meals. Uh YEAH! When am I not snacking?!? However, I am pregnant. She tried to get me to buy some weight loss/appetite suppressing pill. I should probably be offended, but it was a little funny.
The end is finally in sight, though I think I'll have another long haul before it's over. Sleeping is extremely difficult. I am always uncomfortable and sometimes little Kaden will kick and stretch to the point I can barely breath. And of course there's that one foot that always manages to get lodged right between my ribs. I don't think Britton really understood the force and magnitude of this little ones kicks until he looked at my stomach and was able to see all of his karate moves perfectly.
The weather here is incredible. It has been in the 70s this weekend and the sun has been out. We've opened all the windows and turned off the heat. There's something about the sun that just makes me happier.
We have a lot to look forward to. I have spring break next week and I'm so excited to be able to spend it with my family in Boise. I think the dogs are ready for a vacation too. :)
This is what Britton has been up to:





No comments:
Post a Comment