Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Little girl, Big world!

I feel like I am finally entering the "real world."  This weekend Britt and I went to Utah.  I had an interview with Endeavor Hall, a new public charter school in Utah.  This was my first big interview for a job that I have been preparing my whole life for.  So I put on my big girl outfit and found some heels that would make me a little taller.  :)  I was a little nervous, but came out of the interview feeling pretty good.  They said they would call me at the end of the week, but I received a phone call with the job offer 2 days later! YAY! Goodbye Starving Student! Hello Salary and Benefits!  

I'm really excited, because I'll be teaching 4th grade, which is the grade I wanted to teach.  I'll also be able to help in developing a writing curriculum for the school.  I just get the feeling that I would fit in really well with the school.

Now that I have a job, my motivation to finish school is lacking.  I've been working on this big portfolio (A collection of documents, artifacts, etc. that is supposed to help me land a job) for the past year, and I still have a lot of work to do on it.  Now... I've lost the motivation to finish it.  I know it's still important, and it will get done.  I just have to bribe myself with m&ms to continue to work on it.  

Anyway, while we were in Utah we had lunch at the Lion House!  I love that place; maybe because of the food, maybe because it's a family tradition to eat there whenever we visit Temple Square. Whatever it is, I just love it!  Britton's parents were able to meet us there too.  We were able to stay with them for the weekend.  We had a great time, and the dogs had a blast.  It was one big dog party.  

Now I'm on spring break!  One of the many benefits of being a teacher.  :)  I have a lot to try to get done this week.  Lots of lesson planning to do.  


Britton wanted a picture with all 4 dogs. Bandit and Jazz are ours (left) and Winston and Honey (right) are Britton's Parents' dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment