Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kindergarten

I love teaching kindergarten. The kids are just darling and so cute. They will do anything to please you. Then are those who remind me of my younger self. You have to prove to them that you're cool and funny before they'll open up and relax. I just love their enthusiasm for life. After being in the classrooms for a couple of semesters, i know that teaching is what i really want to do in life. As i get closer to finishing school I just get more excited about what I'm doing. The teachers that I am working with right now are great. If I could run a class room like they run I would be set.
I'm also teaching in a fourth grade class. Since the practicum hours are for my exceptionality class (special ed) i work with the students who are struggling and see a different side to teaching. I've developed great relationships with the students I'm working with. One girl always brings me pictures that she drew. The first day i was there she told me I had pretty hair. She always watches me really close and comes to school the next day with her hair the way i had it the day before. One day she saw me and started crying because her mom didn't know how to do a sideways french braid ( that makes it look like a head band.) She's really sweet.
I know all the work I'm putting into this will pay off in the end. Not necessarily salary wise... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment